Software Engineer Intern / Data Science & Solutions
The Oklahoma City Thunder is an elite performance organization and a leading franchise in the NBA. Beyond any single game, season, or outcome, we’re driven to shape the future of our industry, our community, and our own legacy in sports. We’re looking for people who want to make an impact–individuals with the courage and ambition to think and work differently and an endless desire to initiate progress. At the Thunder, you’re joining a culture that performs at the highest level and empowers you to realize your greatest potential.
As a Software Engineer Intern in Data Science & Solutions, your work is vital to uncovering valuable insights that help shape the organization’s future — influencing strategy, decision-making, and performance to build the optimal conditions for talent to thrive.
You will work with colleagues, external suppliers, and internal and external data sources to develop tools and analyze data to support basketball analytics, player evaluation, and physical research, areas crucial to the performance of the team.
- Manage, implement, and maintain data systems and applications related to team and player performance, medical and physical performance, player evaluation, and strategic planning
- Collaborate with a team of engineers to develop applications that drive real-time, data-driven decision making
- Carry out other administrative tasks consistent with the policies and procedures of the NBA and OKC Thunder
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university pursuing a degree in computer science or related field
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Some experience in areas such as front-end and back-end development, database administration, and cloud services
- Experience working with and protecting confidential information
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to deliver clear and effective messages to a variety of partners
Employees may be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered. This is a paid internship reporting into the Insight & Foresight pillar. Work schedule may include working on short notice as well as work on evenings, weekends, and holidays. Work hours will total no more than 29 hours per week.
We invite you to apply online at www.okcthunder.com/employment
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience, and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.