Are you passionate about gaining hands-on experience in events and entertainment? If you are a detailed and dedicated teammate with a desire to produce special events and make everything look flawless, this could be an ideal launchpad for you to gain experience in the growing world of professional sports events! We are looking for upbeat and engaging people to join our team in this part-time role for the 2022-23 Thunder Season. As an associate, you will be responsible for the smooth implementation of the game day experience as well as events through various channels around the community and will serve as a leader and support to other part-time events crew members. This position offers the opportunity to join a professional sports organization and work in a lively and dynamic environment!
In this role you will:
- Provide administrative and logistical support to the department both in-office and at event locations
- Work as part of a team to produce and implement events, following the event guidelines for each unique setup and implementation
- Game night concourse set up and implementation including giveaway and program distribution
- Load equipment and supplies in department vans and supervise inventory to and from event venues
- Assist with special projects and office administrative tasks as assigned
- Help the Manager, Special Projects & Event Presentation and Event Presentation Lead coordinate Events Crew on game nights and at events, leading by example to encourage a team environment
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to handle numerous tasks optimally while meeting deadlines
- Perform under tight time schedules
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and Word
- Creative approach and ability to be a calm and collected problem solver in the face of on-the-spot change
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation that allows you to interact with people confidently and courteously from all demographics
Employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered. Ability to maintain a flexible schedule, depending on home games and will include evenings, weekends, and holidays. Shifts may include working 10 hours in a day, but weekly hours will not exceed 30 per week. Primary work location will be Paycom Center located in downtown Oklahoma City, but frequent travel to events around the metro will be required. Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and reliable transportation required. Physical requirements of the job include lifting 50 pounds and work environment will include loud in-arena music and crowd noise, flashing lights and the need to work outdoors in hot or cold weather. This is a part-time seasonal position reporting to the Manager, Special Projects & Event Presentation.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.