Corporate Communications Coordinator
Founded in 2008, the Thunder has established itself as an NBA franchise with strong fan, corporate and community support. We strive to focus on substantial community leadership as an organization and as individual members of our community.
If you are just starting your public relations career, our Corporate Communications Coordinator role is the perfect way to grow your communications skills, build your professional community network, and obtain valuable experience! The Corporate Communications department serves as brand ambassadors for off-court business, community relations media and public relations efforts, and ensures consistency in corporate messaging.
As the coordinator, you will use your AP writing and editing skills combined with your ability to connect with people at all levels of the organization to assist the department in executing communication strategies for the Thunder and Oklahoma City Blue.
In this role you will:
- Assist with writing and distributing media alerts and news releases to promote corporate initiatives and messages
- Assist in identifying storytelling opportunities and tracking community impact arising from community relations and corporate partnership activities
- Assist with proofreading and editing of materials for other corporate departments
- Monitor and aggregate local and national news mentions
- Compile and distribute daily news summary to staff
- Update and maintain department and organizational resources, including department media lists, subscriptions, earned media calendar and award submissions
- Assist with maintenance and record keeping of Thunder archives
- Coordinate game-day credentials
- Identify/gather content for Thunder Insider weekly email to over 350,000 subscribers
- Assist with pregame email calendar
- Monitor public relations requests
- Maintain good punctuality and attendance
- Other duties as assigned
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in communications, journalism, public relations, or equivalent work or military experience
- 1-2 years of experience in public relations, communications or media relations
- Excellent writing skills and strong knowledge of AP style
- Professional experience in editing/proofreading
- General knowledge of basketball and the NBA
- Proficient in Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and a high degree of professionalism and efficiency
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
Employees will be required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID vaccine, subject to accommodation for bona-fide health and/or religious reasons. Work schedule includes office hours plus evenings, weekends and holidays as needed. Driver’s license and insurance required along with reliable transportation as some local travel is required. Primary work location will be Paycom Center in downtown Oklahoma City. This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Manager, Corporate Communications.
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) with matching funds, employee ticket options, subsidized gym membership, paid downtown parking and more!
We invite you to apply online at: www.okcthunder.com/employment
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.