Part Time Sexual Assault Case Advocate
YWCA Oklahoma City is currently seeking a part-time relief Sexual Assault Case Advocate. We are seeking dynamic professionals, who are energetic, take initiative, proactively build and maintain relationships, and demonstrate appropriate decision making skills.
Job Position Specific:
1. Assist in maintaining advocacy and crisis intervention services to victims of sexual assault in the social service, legal, law enforcement, hospital and medical settings and/or any safe and appropriate site as needed by the client.
2. Provide support and information regarding hospital and police procedures.
3. Work with hospital staff, SANEs and law enforcement to ensure the best possible care to clients.
4. Assist clients in accessing additional resources and/or safety planning as needed, including information regarding Victims Compensation.
5. Work as a team to provide 24/7 coverage for monthly schedule.
6. Complete and fulfill assigned/scheduled on call shifts, unless previously approved by Supervisor.
7. Help provide debriefing for volunteer crisis advocates during coverage hours.
8. Complete all required agency forms and/or documentation required by licensing and funding sources.
9. Attend orientation for new employees, scheduled in-service training and complete ongoing annual training requirement as required by agency and funding source.
Associate’s Degree required and one year of related SA/DV experience preferred. Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills are required along with good crisis management and problem solving skills.