Manager of Annual Giving and Stewardship
Title: Manager of Annual Giving and Stewardship
Reports to: Executive Director of Development
Primary Responsibility: Lead Annual Giving Campaigns and Donor Stewardship Program
Work Schedule: Full-time, 12-month
Classification: Exempt Staff
Send resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Manager of Annual Giving & Stewardship
The Manager of Annual Giving and Stewardship reports to the Executive Director of Development (EDD) and will work closely with the EDD to develop a strategy for the annual giving and stewardship programs and manage the execution of both. S/he is responsible for the timely and effective stewardship of all donors to the organization with a focus on the value of giving and the importance of maintaining donor relationships. The ideal candidate should be experienced, highly motivated, strategic and detail-oriented, creative, and collaborative.
- Develop, implement, and build an aggressive annual giving program to include multi-channel giving and the identification of new donors; engagement and retention of current donors working in consultation with the RMHC-OKC CEO and EDD.
- Oversee online giving portals for annual campaigns, create projects using digital design platforms, utilize various platforms to track and increase donor participation.
- Prepare comprehensive annual fundraising goals for the annual giving program including objectives, budgets, and operational plans working in consultation with the EDD.
- Manage the annual giving program to achieve annual benchmarks and performance metrics.
- Broaden the current annual giving, direct mail initiatives, and online giving to reflect the organization’s priorities to prospective donors.
- Work closely with the EDD in donor qualification (discovery) in the identification of major gift prospects in the annual giving prospect pool while sustaining annual giving.
- Work as a team member to aid the database manager to process up-to-date donor information, data gift entry and acknowledgments.
- Analyze donor data and fundraising results to make informed decisions about fundraising strategies and tactics with the Development team.
- Develop and Implement a stewardship strategy for the organization, including managing donor relationships, creating recognition programs, cultivating relationships, and ensuring timely and meaningful communication with donors
- Conduct best practices in donor relations and stewardship, ensuring that proper policies and procedures are in place and executed, including responding to and thanking donors in a timely way, recognizing donors and reporting appropriately, and protecting donors’ privacy and their rights to assure that RMHC-OKC is compliant.
- Create and maintain appropriate policies and procedures for gift acknowledgments, segmenting the acknowledgment system based on giving and working in collaboration with the development support staff.
- Oversee gift acknowledgments for all gift levels working collaboratively with the development support staff and database.
- Develop and maintain accurate donor records, ensuring that all donor information is properly recorded and updated for stewardship recognition.
- Work closely with the marketing and communications staff to identify and utilize materials and collateral to enhance donor communications and strengthen relationships.
- Participate in the planning and execution of donor events and other stewardship activities to inform donors about the charity’s work and the impact of their support with the RMHC-OKC CEO and EDD.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of three (3) years of professional experience developing and directing annual giving and stewardship programs.
- Thorough knowledge of fundraising strategies, with emphasis on individual giving.
- Proven track record of success in growing a comprehensive giving program that meets measurable goals and objectives.
- Keen appreciation for the foundation of annual giving as the enabling component of successful major and gift-planning programs.
- Strong communication skills; including the ability to write compelling, well-edited fundraising appeals and all donor communications.
- Skills in fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and a supportive work environment.
- Vast experience with fundraising databases and donor management systems.
- Proven ability to manage multiple deadline projects and priorities with attention to detail & accuracy.
- Ability to establish goals and action plans and to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve goals.
- Strong self-motivation and high level of professionalism.
- Some nights and weekends may be required; possible travel.
- Ability to type and sit for long periods; ability to listen and transcribe notes.
- Valid Oklahoma Driver’s License and motor vehicle insurance.