Are you looking to build your skills and gain experience in a professional broadcast production environment? Combine your knowledge of NBA basketball and your desire to work in broadcasting or media storytelling as you join us at The Oklahoma City Thunder! This part-time Production Assistant opportunity will allow you to be a part of the Emmy-winning Thunder broadcast department. You will gain hands-on experience and learn the inner-workings of a professional sports team’s production department. We are looking for a teammate with a strong work ethic, self-motivated and creative with the desire to collaborate to achieve team goals!
In this role you will:
- Record live Thunder games and melts from home and away games using an Avid Airspeed 5500
- Log pre-recorded Thunder games, practices and other events, cataloguing memorable and impactful moments to be used by editors and producers
- Assist in shoots and offer support by carrying or setting up equipment at various locations
- Search and build playlists for footage requests for internal and external production needs
- Fulfill footage requests for use in live programming and post-production shows
- Coordinate and maintain archive spreadsheets that handle locations of hundreds of historical Thunder footage reels
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Good time management skills with the ability to handle numerous tasks and perform under tight time schedules
- Basic knowledge of basketball terminology, Thunder storylines and NBA storylines
- Naturally organized with excellent attention to details
- Knowledge of production techniques and editing
- Experience with Avid & Adobe Creative Suite is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel
Employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered. Work schedule requires some flexibility; 20-29 hours a week consisting of office hours plus events and game night work during evenings, weekend and holidays. Driver’s license and insurance required along with reliable transportation, with some local travel required. Physical requirements of the job may include lifting approximately 50 pounds, climbing stairs and working the presence of loud crowd noise, music and in-arena lights including strobe lighting. Primary work location will be the Thunder corporate office located in Paycom Center in downtown Oklahoma City. This is a part-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Broadcast Production Lead.
The Professional Basketball Club, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, considering applicants fairly on the basis of qualifications, experience and business needs. We value diversity and support an inclusive environment for all employees.