External Relations Intern
The External Relations Intern is part of the External Relations team, which oversees fundraising, marketing and volunteers, and reports to the Chief External Relations Officer.
- Designs marketing pieces for Sunbeam.
- Writes social media posts and press releases.
- Attends media interviews for growth and learning.
- Assists with recording and editing videos.
- Organizes and maintains media clippings and media outreach lists.
- Assist with special events, such as Shine a Light.
- Makes website updates.
- Researches a variety of marketing related topics, which may include: website, newsletter, social media and traditional marketing materials.
- Assists with writing and gathering client stories for the organization, as well as taking client and event photos and videos.
- Participates in External Relations meetings and serves as a brand ambassador.
- Assists in administrative duties associated with PR/Marketing activities.
- Provide support for other duties needed in keeping with our mission, vision and values.
- Currently enrolled in college and majoring in the fields of marketing, journalism, advertising, or public relations.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task while staying organized.
- Excellent organization, communication, writing and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Adobe program and InDesign are preferred.
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently and take initiative.
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must pass required background check
- Office Hours follow business hours and may vary with supervisor approval; may include occasional evening and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently communicate with staff and others, and must be able to exchange accurate information when doing so. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, attend meetings, etc. Must be able to operate and use a computer. Must be able to detect, discern, distinguish, observe, inspect and compare. Must
have excellent command of English language and grammar, both verbal and written. Occasionally must be able to move needed materials weighing up to 25 pounds. The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
The employee will work in an office environment; may work in close proximity with other staff, seniors, families, and small children. The noise level in the work environment is generally moderate.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described herein are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel or candidate and may be subject to change at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sunbeam Family Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are committed to fair and equal in all its employment practices for persons without regard to race, ethnicity, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, disability or degree thereof, national origin, domestic/marital status, political affiliation or opinion, veteran status, HIV status, AIDS status, genetic information, and any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.