Full Job Description
Well-established Immigration Law Firm in South Oklahoma City seeks an energetic and hard-working Paralegal to join a fast-paced and professional firm setting. The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of three (3) years of work experience, specifically in handling family-based and employment-based immigration matters.
Candidate must possess the ability to manage an active caseload, demonstrate and employ very strong research and writing skills. The position would entail handling various immigration matters along with various cases as taken on by the firm. The position requires providing needed assistance and counsel to managing attorneys. This individual will build client relationships with clients of the firm and provide excellent customer experience for clients. Candidates will need to provide resume, cover letter, and legal writing samples.
- Experience as Paralegal preferred
- Immigration experience preferred
- Strong legal research, writing and communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency using MS Outlook, Word, Excel are a must
- Other office software knowledge is helpful, but not required
- Spanish fluency is preferred
- Individual must be detail oriented, able to multi-task, and have strong analytic and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize cases, manage caseload and other tasks
- Prepare forms/packets according to information received from clients.
- Position requires critical thinking & ability to do legal research.
- Assistance with immigration cases as assigned by attorney.
- Responsible for working with attorneys in the preparation, filing, and monitoring of various immigration applications and petitions.
- Understand the procedures and documentation required for cases to be filed successfully.
- Work with clients to gather the necessary information and documentation in a timely manner.
- Prepare letters and other documents on behalf of the employer/client.
- Monitor the status of all filed applications and petitions.
- Monitor attorney calendar, including their appointments, as well as client related information.
- Monitor attorney assignment reports and keep information up-to-date.
- Maintain both paper& electronic client information.
- Engage in frequent contact with company client(s).
- Must be able to maintain confidential information.
- Keep abreast of current regulations and procedures relating to filing applications.
- Make photocopies
- Send faxes
- Scan documents
- Retrieve and/or return files
- Able to use multi-line phone system
- Works with clients to obtain documents and information necessary to prepare applications
- Drafts support statements and organize documents for filing
- Files and monitors applications and petitions with appropriate government agencies.
- Performs research to obtain information such as background on a company or industry, current wages, processing procedures, standard processing times, etc.
- Initiates contact with government officials to obtain necessary information to alert supervising attorney of potential delays or possible problems in the processing of an application
- Other duties as required by the position
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $29,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Moore, OK 73160: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)