Are you passionate about building strong employee experiences and looking for a human resources career opportunity in a lively and inclusive office environment? The Thunder is seeking an organized and outstanding teammate to join our human resources department. As the benefits assistant, you will be the main point of contact with employees needing assistance with a wide range of benefits and perks. Benefits are incredibly important and the ideal candidate will bring compassion and attention to detail to the role. If you have experience with benefits and a desire to help others, join us and help continue to make the Thunder an outstanding place to work!
In this role you will:
- Respond to employees throughout the day, advising and educating staff on 401k, health and welfare coverage, parking and other benefits by phone, email and in person
- Work accurately within the HRIS to enter employee changes, record dependents and collaborate with payroll to ensure accurate benefits-related deductions
- Email or otherwise deliver login instructions, benefits details, enrollment and change instructions
- Actively address benefits options for employees with qualifying events to ensure enrollment deadlines are met
- Study the benefits plans thoroughly and maintain a deep understanding of plans and options
- Reconcile monthly benefits and parking invoices for accuracy and submit to accounts payable
- Deliver annual legal compliance notices and SPDs by mail or email and create and send COBRA notices
- Track employee wedding and baby events for benefits communications and gift distribution
- Proactively prepare employee communications to encourage participation and engagement.
- Verify and correct annual ACA forms for year-end filing
- Participate as an active member of the Wellness Committee and help drive employee wellness initiatives
- Complete and file the annual Oklahoma Certified Healthy Business application, arrange annual CPR training classes and on-site vaccination clinics
- Assist with coordination on employee learning plans and assign and track required compliance training
- Stay on top of benefits news and trends for compliance and assist with the annual benefits renewal process
- Regularly update employee benefits resources portal and documents
- Other duties and projects as assigned
What you'll bring to this role:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree is valued, but we are open to applicants with a wide variety of education and life experience
- Minimum one year experience working in benefits required
- Experience with Paycom HR Administrator or other HRIS is preferred
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is a big plus
- SHRM or other HR certification is a plus but not required – If you are working toward your SHRM certification, we are happy to support you in that
- Strong written and verbal communication and outstanding listening skills, and comfortable speaking with individuals or groups across all demographics or hierarchies
- Detailed and highly organized and experience working with highly confidential materials
- Understanding of the HR legal environment including ACA, FMLA, COBRA, etc.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint a must
Additional details:Employees will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered. This is a full-time, non-exempt position, reporting to the Director, Human Resources. Primary work location will be the Thunder corporate office located in downtown Oklahoma City at Paycom Center.
We offer a positive office environment and a robust benefits package including excellent medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k with matching funds, paid downtown parking, tuition reimbursement, employee ticket options, family gym membership subsidy, parental leave, team shop discount, and much more!