Child Care Worker- Juvenile Detention Center – Direct Care Staff in Talihina
- $200 Bi-weekly Bonus for full-time employees!
- $100 Bi-weekly Bonus for part-time employees!
- Starting wage for full-time employees is $11.50 an hour with bi-weekly bonus
- Sign-on Bonus: $100.00 FIRST PAYCHECK
- $150.00 90-Day Bonus! Must complete 90-day requirements.
- $250 Referral Bonus! This bonus is paid once the new employee completes their 90-day requirements.
We are looking for energetic people to serve as Direct Care Staff members for a juvenile detention center. In this job, you will supervise young people who have been placed in detention by the courts and assist in the day-to-day operations of the center.
This job can be difficult at times and requires patience and hard work, but it is rewarding as well. We will provide all the training you will need to be successful (at no cost to you).
Direct Care Staff directly supervise the residents in the detention center with an emphasis on safety, security, and behavior control. This includes supervising program activities, indoor and outdoor recreation, parental visitation, meals, and personal hygiene. Direct Care Staff also complete required paperwork, perform building searches, and other duties as assigned. The position requires availability to work a variety of shifts when needed, including weekends, evenings, and overnights.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of young people and a job you can turn into a long-term career, then consider joining our team at Sequoyah Enterprises Inc. We offer competitive pay, bonuses and benefits!
- Supervise young people in a detention center, oversee activities and personal care skills
- Assist with medications and health monitoring
- Maintain a high degree of honesty and integrity at all times
- Participate in required training (provided at no cost)
- Perform all aspects of job safely using good judgment
- Maintain privacy and confidentiality of youth served
- Communicate openly and respectfully with youth served, their families, supervisors, members of the community
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- State-issued ID
- Clean background check (Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation)
- Be free from illegal drugs
- Pass employment physical (provided)