Accountant - Grant Reporting
JOB TITLE: Accountant - Grant Reporting
FLSA DUTIES STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
JOB OBJECTIVE: The Accountant is responsible for assisting the Finance Director in executing the financial plan and accounting practices of Catholic Charities. This includes recording financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting procedures, ensuring compliance with department internal controls, evaluating financial and reporting questions and issues as they arise, and communicating financial results and expectations with the Directors. Responsible for all Grant reporting and reconciliation/billing.
The essential job duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for all Grant reporting and reconciliation/billing.
- Process, prepare, properly accrue and post invoice payables and receivables for Catholic Charities.
- Gather and maintain vendor information for filing and distribution of Internal Revenue Service form 1099 Misc.
- Gather and manage information related to the appropriate accounting and reporting for all grants received by
- Catholic Charities, including requirements for reimbursed charges and claw-back arrangements.
- Prepare reconciliations, and clear reconciling items as needed, for all checking accounts, as well as for any other assigned reconciliations such as fixed assets, prepaid accounts, accounts receivable, etc.
- Prepare and record donations, payments, and reimbursements for daily deposits.
- Assist the Finance Director with payroll journal entries, preparing and transmitting monthly pension and other payments, and reconciling benefit election and charges with the related billings.
- Assist the Finance Director in the review and maintenance of the intra-fund accounts as well as financial reporting and records for individual funds utilized by Catholic Charities.
- Continue to be familiar with the goals and financial results of each department and be prepared to provide and discuss financial results for each.
- Provide assistance as needed for the auditors as part of the annual audit.
- Prepare billings to third parties as required for loans, contracts, etc.
- Complete cross-training as needed to meet department continuity goals.
- Ensure sensitivity of cultural and socioeconomic diversity of our service population.
- Utilize appropriate time management to ensure timely completion of responsibilities according to department deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication, listening and presentation skills.
- Strong flexible interpersonal skills required to interact effectively with employees and directors at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent organizational skills required to ensure that multiple tasks receive adequate and timely attention, and are prepared accurately with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of accounting standards, along with the ability to research accounting treatments if needed, as well as applying those standards.
- Strong working knowledge of technology used in a business environment to include computers and associated equipment, online software services, Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet Explorer, ten-key or calculator use.
- Experience with Financial Edge a plus.
- Maturity to serve varied staff needs as requested as well as maintaining confidences shared with the Finance team.
This position does not supervise other associates.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION FOR CONSIDERATION:
- 3+ years’ experience in accounting, financial reporting, accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable. Non- profit experience preferred.
This is sedentary work that requires the following physical activities:
- Sitting for long periods of time, walking, finger dexterity, feeling, repetitive motions, talking, hearing, and visual acuity.
- Occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds or computer equipment or paper supplies).
- May be required to travel by car or plane to business events or other company locations. Travel may require prolonged sitting or standing.
- Accommodation may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals who require and request such accommodation.
- Normal office environment.
- May be subjected to fast-paced decision making, crisis situations.
- Overtime may be required on a limited, short-term basis depending on the needs of the Department.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign job duties as required. This job description is not to be construed as a guaranteed contract of employment for a definite period of time.