ECS Administrative Assistant-Harbison
In this position you will engage with teachers, parents and children -- making a huge impact on many lives. The Administrative Assistant will initiate and coordinate the administrative functions necessary to run an organization efficiently while implementing administrative policies and procedures according to Head Start Performance standards and other regulating entities.
All employees and volunteers are expected to be sensitive to our clients’ cultural and socioeconomic characteristics, reflect Sunbeam Family Services core values and to perform at Sunbeam’s standards of excellence at all times.
The ideal candidate will have immaculate attention to detail along with a drive to effect positive change by:
- Promoting, encouraging and displaying examples of leadership for the agency in accordance with the agency mission driven, employee first culture.
- Demonstrating capacity for providing developmentally appropriate and evidence-based practice, for exemplifying the values expected within the program, and for promoting the mission of the organization.
- Assisting in coordinating the activities involved in program planning, goals and objectives.
- Overseeing implementation of effective and efficient office management systems.
- Being responsible for compiling and organizing information for use by the administrative staff in the completion of reports and special projects.
- Performing daily clerical duties, including answering and screening telephone calls, taking messages, copying and collating, and scheduling, setting up and attending meetings as assigned, taking/transcribing minutes
- Assisting in the coordination between all program service teams in order to meet federal and local goals and objectives in a timely manner
- Working on assignments that are moderately complex in nature where judgment and analysis are required in resolving problems and making recommendations. Ensuring that all details of a task are completed thoroughly
- Provide support for any other duties needed in keeping with our mission, vision and values
- AA/AS in business or related field preferred
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Prior experience with office/general administration
- Effective experience working with at-risk families, preferred
Skills and Knowledge
- Understanding of Head Start/Early Head Start performance standards and state and local child care licensing requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication to include intermediate knowledge of computer operations and applications and the ability to master other computer technology/software and office equipment
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Previous knowledge and understanding of ChildPlus, preferred
- Must work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Exercise independent judgment
- Communicate in a professional manner, demonstrating dignity and respect for our internal, external and community members
- Process, protect and exercise discretion in handling confidential information and materials
- Sustained concentration to detail and accuracy, along with the ability to prioritize workload
- Willingness to work with high-risk, low-income communities
- Local travel required and must have valid Oklahoma driver’s license and insurance as required by the position
- Bilingual Spanish/English speaking, preferred
Additional Job Requirements:
- Clear background and drug screen
- TB screen required
- Physical required
- Office Hours follow business hours and may vary with supervisor approval; may include occasional evening and weekends.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to frequently communicate with staff and others, and must be able to exchange accurate information when doing so. The employee must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time and occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, attend meetings, etc. Must be able to operate and use a computer. Must be able to detect, discern, distinguish, observe, inspect and compare. Must have excellent command of English language and grammar, both verbal and written. Occasionally must be able to move needed materials weighing up to 50 pounds. The qualifications, physical demands, and work environment described are representative of those an employee will encounter and must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
The employee will work in an office environment, may work in close quarters with other staff and small children. The noise level in the work environment varies from moderate to loud; frequent chaotic situations will occur, characteristic to working with children ages 0 – 5 years. Employee must expect exposure to strong odors such as soiled diapers and clothes, and poor hygiene. May come into contact with childhood diseases and blood on occasion.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel or candidate and may be subject to change at any time.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - Sunbeam Family Services is fair and equal in all its employment practices for persons without regard to race, color, creed, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, religion, disability or degree thereof, national origin, domestic/marital status, political affiliation or opinion, veteran status, HIV status, AIDS status, genetic information, and any legally protected characteristic.